Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Gift In The Dark

A man devoted to the night's sky
Every day awaiting his gift darkness brings
During a time when some are blind
The time when the world sleeps
Like a child on a Christmas morning
A gift he cannot touch but can be seen

Why does he wait for something he cannot get
Little is known of his every day gift
During daylight cannot be seen
But he is sure it is there
Just like the love of a man for a woman
Even though far the feeling is near



Hint :
Star gazing

4 comments:

kimi azhan said...

Dear Emil,

I'm a friend to your mom, way back when she was with MAS. I used to see you as a little boy, and you've grown so fast!

I must say I really admire your talent to write... don't ever stop writing - where ever you go or what ever you do later on in life. Talent is a gift from God, so treasure it with care... Will pray for your success.

Oil and Lime said...

Dear Auntie kimi,
I send my thanks for commenting on my poem.I will keep on writing.More poems coming soon there's (The Red Gem) for you to enjoy so far im still thinking of a new poem.

Oil and Lime said...

Dear Auntie Wan,
Well im impressed by what you have to say auntie.I am very thankfull for it. Hope you enjoy my upcoming poems. Now do you think i should put a music video to spice up the mood here?

Oil and Lime said...

Thank you Abah for making a lovely poem for me. I will keep on writing poems to be posted on this blog. Who knows one day a publisher might publish my poems. I'm sure we shall all like that. Again thank you a million and one times.