Friday, November 24, 2006

Swan Price

The swans gather to play
During the lonely day
The love is true
Never once blue

The colour of innocence
Shows pure love's patience

Sometimes it has gone
Neurotic to the bone
A lesson they learn
At the same time earn

Notes

Okay..... I was inspired to write this poem after reading a comic (love themed) which explains the theme for this poem. I like it but at the same time dislike it because I think I lacked originallity in this poem. I don't know, you be the judge.

8 comments:

suzequatro said...

u 13 years old? then, yr poem is awesome ;)

Oil and Lime said...

I am 13 years old currently believe it please.

Maya said...

originality comes from your heart.. you gotta feel love to earn it..once u've earned it, you eiher make or break it..but i bet you'll make girls/women succumb to u with ur words..and then u can write poem singing 'pencinta wanita' ..ahaks..u r gifted dik!

Oil and Lime said...

Well, I'm not sure about the reallity talk part but thank you for the comment .

kimi azhan said...

Emil, I agree with the "no originality part".. you know why? You have your own.... hmm... style! I am not sure what exactly to "name your style", but I think I follow your style for the first two paragraphs.

The third paragraph - you could have done it better I think... I don't have any suggestion though on how to give more "umpph" to it.. but anyway, it is still a good poem to enjoy!

At least compare to me, you are a better writer!

Oil and Lime said...

Yes, Miss Kimi I noticed that don't worry.

Unknown said...

Dear nephew,

I would avoid using neurotic to the bone simply for one reason, its overly used ever since green day coined the phrase in one of his songs....try looking up into the dictionary for other synonyms of neurotic...

Oil and Lime said...

I just had to stick that line there till someone noticed